One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Never fail to take advantage of a situation.
- ‘He is not as demonstrative, but he did not miss a trick.’
- ‘Spurway does not miss a trick when it comes to publicity.’
- ‘In the trade you would say he does not miss a trick.’
- ‘He did not miss a trick.’
- ‘It was the year Argentina invaded the Falkands and not long after the Iranian embassy siege and Telfer, a master of applied metaphor, a keen student of history and a man who saw rugby as another branch of warfare, did not miss a trick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.