One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Recently.‘not long ago he came across a rattlesnake outside his house’
not long ago, a short time ago, in the last few days, in the last few months, in the last few weeks, in the past few days, in the past few months, in the past few weeks, a little while backView synonyms
- ‘You may not be aware that her father died not long ago.’
- ‘I did a Washington fundraiser gig not long ago.’
- ‘Not long ago such a demand would have seemed both radical and unfeasible.’
- ‘Not long ago most economists in the US were lamenting the fact that we had such a low savings rate while Japan had such a high savings rate.’
- ‘Not long ago, bicycles were the main mode of transportation here.’
- ‘Not long ago a friend of mine moved to Bangalore.’
- ‘The Foreign Minister spoke to journalists not long ago.’
- ‘Not long ago, I began rereading the novels of Jane Austen.’
- ‘This reminds me of a discussion I had with a friend not long ago.’
- ‘This subject came up not long ago at a dinner party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.