One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not know what to do; be completely at a loss.
- ‘In the fishing industry they don't know which way to turn at the moment.’
- ‘People are very annoyed and they don't know where to turn.’
- ‘He finds his job as a currency trader empty, and he doesn't know where to turn.’
- ‘Julie is still trying to cope with her truanting, drug-taking son and she doesn't know where to turn to find help.’
- ‘How can I go forward when I don't know which way to turn?’
- ‘The illiterate farmer doesn't know where to turn.’
- ‘Our health care system so bewildering and impersonal that one often doesn't know where to turn or whom to trust.’
- ‘We have teenagers that are really hurting today and they don't know which way to turn.’
- ‘I am in a no-win situation and I don't know which way to turn any more.’
- ‘We are at our wits end and don't know which way to turn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.