One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not care at all.
- ‘I don't give a tinker's damn what the hell you think in this case.’
- ‘They never gave a tinker's cuss about the real issue of the mental hospital.’
- ‘His expression bleak, he continued, ‘I frankly don't give a tinker's curse about that end of it.'’
- ‘I'm no accident - and I don't give a tinker's damn what you think.’
- ‘I don't give a tinker's damn whether we withdraw unilaterally or multilaterally.’
- ‘These people don't give a tinker's damn about anyone in uniform.’
- ‘Now, they didn't give a tinker's damn about what happened to their own people, otherwise they wouldn't have murdered so many millions of them in the first place.’
- ‘Which can be taken to read either: ‘They don't give a tinker's cuss about the EU ’, or ‘They're thick’.’
- ‘If American jets take out Iranian enrichment facilities, I don't give a tinker's damn if the man who gave the go-order was a D or an R.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.