One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not for any inducement or in any circumstances.‘they'll not return for love or money’
not at all, certainly not, not for a moment, not in any circumstances, not under any circumstances, in no circumstances, under no circumstances, on no accountView synonyms
- ‘Some guitars you don't let go, not for love or money… and this is one of them.’
- ‘We never lend, rent or give our mailing list nor any customer information to anyone, not for love or money.’
- ‘A young woman on a cross-country train from Vancouver to Toronto has a child by a visiting Indian student because of ‘the fact that you couldn't get condoms around the Calgary station, not for love or money.’’
- ‘This compromise I would not make, not for love or money or threats of a lonely old age.’
- ‘You have my admiration, I would not be able to do it, not for love or money.’
- ‘He has taken on an unselfish task, not for love or money, for the first time in his life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.