One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Show no reaction.
- ‘She was grating Parmesan, and didn't blink an eye.’
- ‘The man didn't blink an eye at her faux pas, however, and merely got into the car after being handed the keys and drove away.’
- ‘I don't blink an eye when we're called amateur food writers, even though many bloggers make the monthly equivalent of one small magazine article sale, if not more.’
- ‘The point is that the character's gay but the audience doesn't blink an eye.’
- ‘We don't blink an eye at helping the mentally retarded; the fact that many poor people are intellectually inferior only bolsters their need for assistance from the more able.’
- ‘He didn't blink an eye when purchasing a pair of Italian loafers for more than a thousand US dollars.’
- ‘We don't blink an eye today when we see women doing what would once be considered jobs for the boys.’
- ‘Our friends don't blink an eye at a $2,000 dinette set.’
- ‘Emma, Jeff, Tina and Darcy don't blink an eye and raise their glasses along with me.’
- ‘When his boss brought him the new assignment last fall, he didn't blink an eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.