One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not feel well.
pale, pasty-faced, pasty, wan, drained, washed out, drawn, pallid, colourless, anaemic, bloodless, whey-faced, ashen, ashen-faced, ashy, grey, pinched, sickly, sallow, as white as a ghost, as white as a sheet, deathly pale, cadaverous, corpse-like, ill-looking, sickly-lookingView synonyms
- ‘He's just not himself today.’
- ‘I'm not really myself right now.’
- ‘Funny things were happening to me and I was simply not myself.’
- ‘With his head down, he was positively not himself this morning.’
- ‘For that matter, you were not yourself yesterday, and you will not be tomorrow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.