1The part of a helmet or headdress that protects a person's nose.
- 1.1North American another term for noseband
- ‘They really didn't fit properly: her muzzle was too broad for the nosepiece.’
- 1.2The central part of a pair of glasses that fits over the bridge of the nose.
- ‘The rubberized, non-slip nosepiece was easy to bend to fit.’
- ‘This could probably be helped by some rubber pieces on the nosepiece and by the ears to reduce sliding.’
- ‘Beretta's new Deluxe Shooting Glasses feature replacement nosepieces, nylon case and three interchangeable lenses in smoke, vermilion and yellow.’
- 1.1North American
2The part of a microscope to which the objective lenses are attached.
- ‘The motorized nosepiece of a Zeiss Axiovert 135 inverted microscope allowed the objective to be automatically changed from 40X to 2.5X during macro execution.’