One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The strap of a bridle or halter that passes over the horse's nose and under its chin.
- ‘Since then we've changed equipment, going from a noseband to a figure eight and he's been fine since.’
- ‘If your horse bites, put a drop noseband around his mouth.’
- ‘The six-year-old son of Polish Precedent, known for his bad gate manners and unpredictable behavior each morning, wears a netted muzzle from the noseband over his mouth during training in an attempt to give Robinson more control.’
- ‘The cavesson should be fitted in such a way that the noseband lies below the cheekbones and on the nose-bone, this way, it will not interfere with his breathing.’
- ‘I put a drop noseband or something similar on the horse to stabilize his jaw so that the game of nipping or mouthing me just never even gets started.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.