One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for feedbag
- ‘‘Because the pilgrims are not the only people here,’ Isobel replied, and pointed down the row of stalls to where a huge black horse was stabled, standing quietly as it ate from its nosebag.’
- ‘From that corner, Ivaric realized, there also came a quiet munching sound, as if another horse fed from a nosebag.’
- ‘Yet despite all this there was an air of conservation, the odd glimpse of the Old World in a narrow dingy lane where a dray horse shifted his weight from one hock to the other, blinking lazy lashes above the nosebag containing his lunch.’
- ‘He drew a nosebag of oats from one of the saddlebags and gave it to the hungry animal.’
- ‘Three horses were munching happily in nosebags nearby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.