One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for feedbag
- ‘Three horses were munching happily in nosebags nearby.’
- ‘‘Because the pilgrims are not the only people here,’ Isobel replied, and pointed down the row of stalls to where a huge black horse was stabled, standing quietly as it ate from its nosebag.’
- ‘He drew a nosebag of oats from one of the saddlebags and gave it to the hungry animal.’
- ‘From that corner, Ivaric realized, there also came a quiet munching sound, as if another horse fed from a nosebag.’
- ‘Yet despite all this there was an air of conservation, the odd glimpse of the Old World in a narrow dingy lane where a dray horse shifted his weight from one hock to the other, blinking lazy lashes above the nosebag containing his lunch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.