One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for nose tackle
- ‘In the Cowboys' 4-3 scheme, one defensive tackle plays on the center like a nose guard.’
- ‘Joe Klecko, one of the members of the New York Sack Exchange of the 1980s, was the first NFL player named to the Pro Bowl at three positions: defensive end, tackle, and nose guard.’
- ‘If all goes according to plan, they would play third-year DE Adalius Thomas and Peter Boulware at outside linebacker and start Lional Dalton at nose guard, with Larry Webster at tackle.’
- ‘He can play anywhere on the line, from nose guard to end.’
- ‘A 3-4 defense won't necessarily ask McNeil to be a pass rusher, and having less-than-ideal height isn't too detrimental for a good nose guard as long as he can command a double team.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.