One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adaptation of the Southern blot procedure used to detect specific sequences of RNA by hybridization with complementary DNA.
- ‘Equal RNA loading was monitored on the agarose gel under UV light or by hybridizing the Northern blot with a radiolabelled 28 S ribosomal RNA cDNA fragment isolated from Nicotiana tabacum cv.’
- ‘We and others have previously shown that CHO cells do not express detectable amounts of endogenous RyRs when assayed by Western blots, Northern blots, or ryanodine binding.’
- ‘Southern and Northern blots contained nucleic acids from 10 million P. carinii per lane.’
- ‘In this case a major band was detected on Northern blots using either a P-derived probe or a cDNA probe, which corresponds to misexpression of the major unspliced RNA.’
- ‘Standard techniques were used for DNA cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, Southern and Northern blot analysis, and DNA sequencing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.