One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Norsemen, for example, had by AD 1100 established the first Atlantic maritime empire that linked Scandinavia to Iceland, Greenland, and North America.’
- ‘Large-scale migrations of Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Danes, and Norsemen, and substantial movements between Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, make estimates very hazardous.’
- ‘Iona had meanwhile, in consequence of the occupation of the Western Isles by the Norsemen, been practically cut off from Scotland, and had become ecclesiastically dependent on Ireland.’
- ‘The people who originated from Scandinavia, which in today's world are the countries of Norway, Denmark, and Sweden were called Norsemen.’
- ‘Alfred's dynasty, which had survived Danes, Norsemen, and Danes again, had succumbed at last to foreign invasion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.