One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of being normal; the state of being usual, typical, or expected.‘let's try to get some normality back in our lives’
sanity, soundness of mind, mental health, balance, lucidity, reason, rationalityView synonyms
- ‘The election is viewed as a first step toward its return to stability, normalcy and democracy, according to the officials.’
- ‘Perhaps some kind of semblance of normality can now return.’
- ‘Yesterday Yorkshire flood victims still struggling to return to normality welcomed the move, but said it was too late.’
- ‘There can be periods of high political tension but then normalcy returns.’
- ‘Farmers too want a return to normality in the countryside because many of us are also very dependent on tourism for a large part of our income.’
Normalcy has been criticized as an uneducated alternative to normality, but actually is a common American usage and can be taken as standard: we are anticipating a return to normalcy
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.