One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of being normal; the state of being usual, typical, or expected.‘let's try to get some normality back in our lives’
sanity, soundness of mind, mental health, balance, lucidity, reason, rationalitya normal state of affairs, business as usual, the daily round, routine, a normal pattern, order, regularityView synonyms
- ‘Perhaps some kind of semblance of normality can now return.’
- ‘There can be periods of high political tension but then normalcy returns.’
- ‘Yesterday Yorkshire flood victims still struggling to return to normality welcomed the move, but said it was too late.’
- ‘Farmers too want a return to normality in the countryside because many of us are also very dependent on tourism for a large part of our income.’
- ‘The election is viewed as a first step toward its return to stability, normalcy and democracy, according to the officials.’
Normalcy has been criticized as an uneducated alternative to normality, but actually is a common American usage and can be taken as standard: we are anticipating a return to normalcy
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.