One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Formerly, a school or college for the training of teachers.
- ‘Soon thereafter women at Wellesley, Vassar, Radcliffe, and other women's colleges and normal schools in the Northeast had taken up the sport.’
- ‘Many of these institutions began as normal schools and many continue to have teacher training programs.’
- ‘In many states the old normal schools were transformed into a state college system after World War II.’
- ‘She graduated from a normal school in Mexico, but she taught only a year before immigrating to Texas.’
- ‘Spain's official educational system comprised primary and secondary schools, both public and private, the university and special vocational and normal schools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.