One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function that represents the distribution of many random variables as a symmetrical bell-shaped graph.
- ‘This specimen was eliminated from the analyses because the normal distribution requirement of the statistical test was not met.’
- ‘All effects were drawn as random effects from normal distributions with appropriate variances.’
- ‘Two qualities of a normal distribution graph are skinny ‘tails’ and perfect symmetry.’
- ‘For a profession whose statistical underpinnings in empirical research are most comfortably based on normal distributions, this skewed distribution begs investigation.’
- ‘None of the histograms suggest multimodal distributions and tests of normality indicate normal distributions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.