Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for norepinephrine
- ‘A stressful situation prompts the body to produce the hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline.’
- ‘To date, we know of approximately 300 substances that act as neurotransmitters, including endorphins, neuropeptides, adrenaline, noradrenaline and acetylcholine.’
- ‘The tumor increases production of adrenaline and noradrenaline, raising blood pressure.’
- ‘This amino acid fights fatigue by pumping up your levels of the energizing neurotransmitters dopamine, noradrenaline, and adrenaline.’
- ‘You're shooting adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol and the cortico-steroids into the system, which provide instant energy.’
1930s: from nor- + adrenaline.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.