One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for norepinephrine
- ‘A stressful situation prompts the body to produce the hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline.’
- ‘To date, we know of approximately 300 substances that act as neurotransmitters, including endorphins, neuropeptides, adrenaline, noradrenaline and acetylcholine.’
- ‘You're shooting adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol and the cortico-steroids into the system, which provide instant energy.’
- ‘The tumor increases production of adrenaline and noradrenaline, raising blood pressure.’
- ‘This amino acid fights fatigue by pumping up your levels of the energizing neurotransmitters dopamine, noradrenaline, and adrenaline.’
1930s: from nor- + adrenaline.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.