One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
midday, twelve noon, twelve midday, twelve o'clock, high noon, noontime, noonday, twelve hundred, twelve hundred hours, one-two-double-oView synonyms
- ‘When noontime came someone knocked at the door.’
- ‘As the morning eased into noontide, the sun shining on the crops of the farms that they passed by, Eleanor's brooding, pensive mood lifted a bit.’
- ‘When noontime came, he noticed that Tiffany was still working.’
- ‘About noontime, I called him and told him I was ready.’
- ‘At noontime, even during Ramadan, the streets bustle with people doing their shopping and children spilling out of school buses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.