One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a positive or negative value; not equal to zero.
- ‘The principal quantum number n may have any positive, non-zero integer value.’
- ‘In the model tests it was found that some rows and columns had a larger number of zero values than non-zero values.’
- ‘The dye level for ventral bundles also rose initially to a maximum value, but dropped exponentially to a non-zero final value.’
- ‘The tiny non-zero value of the effective cosmological constant is hard to understand using traditional particle physics arguments.’
- ‘If there is one underlying process of change, we expect that the increments will converge to a specific, non-zero value, and the distribution will show a unimodal shape with one peak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.