One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consistent or having a fixed pattern; not liable to change.‘a nonvariable rate mortgage is the most stable option with little risk’
universal, fixed, independent, non-relative, non-variable, absolutistView synonyms
- ‘The non-variable costs of £50,000 are added to this to produce an estimated total cost of £295,000.’
- ‘It turns out that you can use pretty much any sequence of characters as a non-variable name if it is enclosed in single quote characters.’
- ‘After Jim had completed the activity with several different paper bags, I asked him to identify the variable and nonvariable features within the situation.’
- ‘Renewable electricity generation in California includes variable and non-variable sources.’
- ‘That fixed non-variable rate usually advertised is almost always temporary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.