One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Similarly, turbulence intensity is found to decrease non-uniformly across the length of the plate.’
- ‘Chemistry causes the plastic to shrink non-uniformly across its length and breadth as it is being molded into a part.’
- ‘Nitrate pollution is also highly non-uniformly mixed, in that in many areas of the country there is no problem.’
- ‘The Earth rotates non-uniformly, its poles move, and the rotation axis fluctuates in space.’
- ‘If a collection of particles exert attractive forces upon one another then, unless they are distributed in a perfectly uniform manner, they will tend to become clumped and non-uniformly distributed as time passes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.