Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not poisonous or toxic.‘nontoxic waste’
non-poisonous, innocuous, harmless, benign, safe, non-irritating, hypoallergenicView synonyms
- ‘Resulting solids are landfilled and the non-toxic liquid can be treated in a variety of ways depending on scale.’
- ‘It's safe, non-toxic and highly effective in attacking dirt, oil and grease.’
- ‘The dose level selected for the present study was non-toxic and safe.’
- ‘Scrapstore collects clean, re-usable, non-toxic waste from businesses and makes it available to the local community.’
- ‘It is also non-toxic and hypo-allergenic to livestock and humans.’
- ‘The artist is quick to point out than the paint he uses is non-toxic, non - radioactive and non-carcinogenic.’
- ‘If you want an effective non-toxic control for snails and insects in your garden, consider one or two Muscovy ducks.’
- ‘It is non-toxic and relatively safe, with few side effects.’
- ‘This interpretation is very worrying for environmentalists because it fails to distinguish between toxic and non-toxic products.’
- ‘The £1.50 product, which cost thousands of pounds to develop, is made of non-toxic chemicals.’
- ‘The database included toxic and non-toxic compounds.’
- ‘Each genetic insertion creates the added possibility that formerly non-toxic elements in the food could become toxic.’
- ‘Keep simple, non-toxic pest and disease control products on hand.’
- ‘The batteries have a long life and are non-toxic.’
- ‘Homoeopathic medicines are safe, non-toxic, non-addictive and easy to take.’
- ‘All the ingredients are non-toxic and safe to use around pets, children and wildlife.’
- ‘Officials say they believe it's a non-toxic material, but say they are keeping the airport closed until they identify it positively.’
- ‘Dr Duke says cultivating a non-toxic variety, and then growing a crop for oil, could reduce concerns about the weed.’
- ‘Green tea is generally considered a safe, non-toxic beverage and consumption is usually without side-effects.’
- ‘If you had a choice, wouldn't you prefer to use products that contain safe and non-toxic ingredients?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.