One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having or involving a belief in a god or gods.
- ‘Their confidence in the efficiency of natural process evolution exceeds even that of the most ardent, nontheistic evolutionists.’
- ‘Logically, this favors (but does not require) non-theistic religions and belief systems.’
- ‘It is found in every single religious tradition and in every non-theistic system of ethics as well.’
- ‘To the non-theistic scientist, the objective universe is what it is, and the question of how it got that way is just one more thing to investigate.’
- ‘Obviously, supporting only holistic programs grounded in theistic assumptions would constitute discrimination against non-theistic worldviews.’
- ‘It was a nontheistic, atheistic religion, a religion of man and society.’
- ‘Overall, based on my experience in both camps (theistic and non-theistic), I venture to claim that activists of either breed have a greater tendency to be "religious" rather than non-activists.’
- ‘Buddhism is a non-theistic religion that claims that suffering is unavoidable, and that the root of suffering is attachment, greed and desire.’
- ‘As I see it, opposition to theocracy and advocacy of a non-theistic worldview are two separate goals.’
- ‘Those moral codes, beyond the few obvious rules that are common to all moral systems including non-theistic ones, can differ rather dramatically.’
- ‘As for soul, purpose and morality, I defined these in my paper, used them in a very specific (and non-theistic) manner, discuss them at length in my book, and show precisely how material processes produced such nonmaterial entities.’
- ‘The naturalistic conclusion is antagonistic to theistic religion and leads to non-theistic belief systems, laws, morals and ethics that sharply conflict with those derived from the major religions of the world.’
- ‘They are actually advancing the non-theistic religion of secular humanism.’
- ‘Article 18 protects theistic, non-theistic and atheistic beliefs, as well as the right not to profess any religion or belief.’
- ‘A casual reading of the passage might suggest that Descartes offers a naturalistic solution to the problem (viz., a non-theistic solution), in the form of a continuity test.’
- ‘On Monday, March 12, the Secular Coalition for America will make history by announcing the name of the first openly nontheistic member of Congress.’
- ‘That's the ultimate irony for people who want to adopt a non-theistic view of the origin of life.’
- ‘Nontheistic religions such as secular humanism, atheism, agnosticism and scientism are quite happy with science that seeks to remove any "supernatural" influence from its explanations.’
- ‘There are non-theistic explanations for the origins of individual rights.’
- ‘The inclusion of non-theistic beliefs in Article 18 was inevitable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.