One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
non-belief, non-theism, disbelief, unbelief, scepticism, doubt, agnosticism, irreligion, godlessness, ungodliness, profaneness, impiety, heresy, apostasy, paganism, heathenism, freethinking, nihilismView synonyms
- ‘The non-theism of this tradition makes it most compatible with the predominantly secular character of the peace movement.’
- ‘I may represent the "average" convert from conventional thinking to skepticism and non-theism.’
- ‘Similarly, students could study, as part of their understanding of Western monotheism and Eastern pantheism and non-theism, different ideas about how the metaphysical acts upon and manifests in the physical.’
- ‘As von Glassenapp indicates, non-theism is fundamental to Buddhism and stands right at the heart of its spirituality.’
- ‘Scientific findings about the age of the Earth, Darwin's theory of evolution, and biblical criticism had fueled the first major expansion of nontheism at Christianity's expense among ordinary Europeans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.