One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Not having been the subject of a labor strike.‘nonstruck Association members’
- ‘The newsboy speakers played to the larger public through the reporters from the nonstruck papers.’
- ‘Such output increases in nonstruck firms would be consistent with post-strike gains for nonstruck firms and post-strike losses for struck firms.’
- ‘The union made no objection to the deliveries of coal to Carrier, since the nonstruck General Electric plant obtained its coal from Carrier.’
- ‘Employees locked out by nonstruck employers were not eligible for unemployment benefits.’
- ‘Thus, we note that the Employers here include national chains whose ability to operate in nonstruck cities will affect their ability to withstand a strike in another city.’
2Not having been stricken.‘occupants of the nonstruck side of the vehicle’
3Not having been eliminated.‘nonstruck jurors’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.