One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Not causing a stain.‘nonstaining modeling clay’
- ‘With flocks, the problem is often caused by not using a nonstaining adhesive or by using inappropriate tools when hanging.’
- ‘The formula is nontoxic, o-ring friendly, nonstaining and will not degrade rubber or polymers.’
- ‘Nonstaining mortars and flashing should be used with marble.’
- ‘For younger artists, it is a nonstaining modeling clay that is nonhardening and nontoxic.’
- 1.1 Not responding to the application of a stain or dye.‘nonstaining cells’
- ‘Centromeres are the nonstaining primary constriction of a chromosome that separates the short arm from the long arm.’
- ‘Nonstaining regions of the gel indicated proteinase activity.’
- ‘In translocation heterozygotes of maize, segregation produces nonviable gametes and can be detected by a high frequency of nonstaining pollen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.