Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Not causing a stain.‘nonstaining modeling clay’
- ‘For younger artists, it is a nonstaining modeling clay that is nonhardening and nontoxic.’
- ‘Nonstaining mortars and flashing should be used with marble.’
- ‘With flocks, the problem is often caused by not using a nonstaining adhesive or by using inappropriate tools when hanging.’
- ‘The formula is nontoxic, o-ring friendly, nonstaining and will not degrade rubber or polymers.’
- 1.1Not responding to the application of a stain or dye.‘nonstaining cells’
- ‘Centromeres are the nonstaining primary constriction of a chromosome that separates the short arm from the long arm.’
- ‘In translocation heterozygotes of maize, segregation produces nonviable gametes and can be detected by a high frequency of nonstaining pollen.’
- ‘Nonstaining regions of the gel indicated proteinase activity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.