One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a style of art) not intended to present an accurate depiction of the physical appearance of people or things.‘a completely nonrepresentational abstract painting’
- ‘For the moment, I can take comfort in the fact that music is a non-representational art form.’
- ‘The perspicacious observer may have noticed that most of my hobbyist ventures into the graphic arts are abstract or non-representational.’
- ‘Blegvad even shifts into a non-representational style to draw impressions of sounds for a strip where Levi is awakening to the sounds of his neighborhood.’
- ‘They shared an emphasis on the non-representational physicality of the painting and emotional engagement with the viewers.’
- ‘At this time he was one of the leading British abstract artists, but by the end of the decade he had become disillusioned with non-representational art and reverted to naturalism.’
- ‘Kandinsky's ideas for non-representational art emanate from several different sources.’
- ‘Unlike the Fauve colors, the non-representational colors of Pop Art do not depict the artist's inner sensation of the world.’
- ‘Art, especially non-representational art, is confusing to plenty of people.’
- ‘His desires for inner expression led to the development of non-representational art, or art without a given subject.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.