One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not involving racial factors or racial discrimination.
- ‘Strategic objectives had been set to build ‘a united South Africa, achieving a non-racial society, ensuring gender equality and encouraging growth in the economy’.’
- ‘The ANC said Freedom Day marked the seven years since South Africa transformed into a ‘a united, non-racial, non-sexist and democratic South Africa.’’
- ‘Maybe they themselves must be transformed and join us in building a non-racial, non-sexist, equal and free democratic South Africa.’
- ‘I was one of the founders of non-racial rugby and have been fighting for non-racial rugby all my life.’
- ‘South Africa, self-governing after 1910, adopted the racial segregation system known as apartheid which severely limited the civil rights of non-Europeans; only in 1994 were the first non-racial elections held in South Africa.’
- ‘And to that extent, it indicates the distance we still have to travel to create a non-racial South Africa, which is what we say we're committed to.’
- ‘They also had to build a truly non-racial society, as well as end any ethnic tensions that might exist.’
- ‘‘In 2003 the sun will continue to shine on the South African people as we build this non-racial, non-sexist and democratic country, instilling in all a shared sense of nationhood and human solidarity,’ he said.’
- ‘The ANC and New National Party had ‘no choice but to stand together’ to build South Africa and the Eastern Cape into a non-racial community.’
- ‘We pledge to use our skills, resources and energy, through individual and collective action, to empower disadvantaged people, eliminate racism and promote a non-racial society whose resources are used to the benefit of all its people.’
- ‘I do not see a single white face in this room and I want councillors to urge them to attend these meetings because the campaign is to listen to all the people in our non-racial democracy.’
- ‘But even in the 19th century, there was a broad, progressive coalition of people and groups advocating immigration reform on a non-racial basis, without anti-immigrant feelings.’
- ‘Yibe is the one preaching non-racial rugby but he is now calling for the game to be taken away from an under-privileged community which is contrary to Sarfu's vision of taking rugby to the people.’
- ‘There was no linear progression from an authoritarian racial state to a non-racial democracy, from a country balkanized on ethnic lines to one with a secure national culture.’
- ‘Gordimer and her work represent the commitment and struggle of South Africans towards a non-racial, non-sexist and democratic future.’
- ‘Through this encouragement I believe government is also committing itself to facilitate the creation of the conditions referred to by Coakley, so that a truly non-racial sport system can be realised.’
- ‘In 1989 he was elected as assistant-secretary of the non-racial South African Cricket Board under Krish Mackerdhuj, and after unification was elected as a member of the Board of Control of the UCB.’
- ‘The dawning of democracy and installation of a non-racial government did not immediately bring about a change in attitudes, and the criminals flourished.’
- ‘You've got to give credit to people like Madeba Nelson Mandela for going through a process which in 1994 created for the very first time, a non-racial democracy in this country.’
- ‘Banners, meanwhile, must be ‘tasteful, non-offensive, non-vulgar, non-political, non-racial, non-discriminatory, non-sexual’ and carry no advertising.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.