Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A source of pollution that issues from widely distributed or pervasive environmental elements.‘cattle are the leading nonpoint source of pollution in Canada today’Compare with point source
- ‘These factors are consistent with nonpoint sources such as septic fields, residential lawn fertilizers, and agricultural fertilizers.’
- ‘Shallow curtain drains that intersect untreated wastewater are an important source of nonpoint source pollution in Ohio and should never be used.’
- ‘In its program, a state or territory describes how it will implement nonpoint source pollution controls, known as management measures.’
- ‘As he points out, good forestry is part of the solution to nonpoint source pollution.’
- ‘Water bodies can violate water quality standards because of either point source or nonpoint source pollution.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.