Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of sexual activity) in which penetration by the penis does not take place.
- ‘But how typical, I thought, of a heterosexual male to make fun of any non-penetrative sexual activity.’
- ‘Some projects look to revive positive cultural practices such as non-penetrative forms of sexual release promoted amongst youth in the past.’
- ‘Sexual intercourse, non-penetrative genital contact, and oral sex can all transmit an infection.’
- ‘But the gay community, after all, pioneered the ethos of non-penetrative safe sex that the rest of society is now sworn to live by.’
- ‘Class and age as well as gender seem to be significant in affecting homosexual activity and non-penetrative heterosexual activity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.