One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Independent of any political party.
- ‘Australia currently is home to more non-party Independent parliamentarians than any other comparable country.’
- ‘But some consultants fear that such ideological non-party organizations flourishing could be problematic.’
- ‘‘He claims that it is not fair to the non-party, anti-divorce lobbies,’ Johnston wrote.’
- ‘Our established, non-party political forum has members in Shipley, as in the rest of Bradford.’
- ‘Waterford Against Racism is a voluntary and non-party political organisation made up of refugee and asylum seekers, as well as local human rights, trade union and political activists.’
- ‘He was referring to the practice in the United States where non-party figures may nominate themselves by producing support from a number of people.’
- ‘Doctors for Reform claims to be ‘an independent, non-party group’.’
- ‘Putting together the estimates of the various party and non-party groups, I got a total of somewhere between 40,000 and 50,000.’
- ‘‘It's going to be run on non-party political lines,’ John O'Farrell, director of the campaign, said.’
- ‘At the end of 1902 she founded the non-party Women's Political and Educational League which, at its peak, had branches state-wide.’
- ‘Arnold was in short the very exemplar of the detached if benevolent observer and adviser, the non-party independent.’
- ‘In addition, independent non-party members received €16,288 in donations.’
- ‘It is a non-profit making, non-party political organisation, funded by its member companies which employ about four million people between them.’
- ‘Retake the Streets is an independent non-party group opposed to cars, lorries and washing.’
- ‘The non-party councillor got 1790 votes and was elected on the first count having exceeded the quota by 690 votes.’
- ‘We are a broad-based, non-party political group of York citizens dedicated to fighting the Coppergate II proposals, and calling on the Secretary of State to open a public inquiry on the issue.’
- ‘He said a mixed composition of party and non-party members could speed up the investigation and provide independent and fair opinion.’
- ‘However, a vacancy caused by the resignation of a non-party councillor is subject to standing orders agreed by the council.’
- ‘It is difficult to understand or defend the exemption of non-party citizens.’
- ‘The event is a non-party political event and party political banners or placards are discouraged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.