1Not involved or taking part in an activity.
unaligned, non-aligned, unaffiliated, unallied, non-allied, non-participating, uninvolved, non-interventionistView synonyms
- ‘Ample and secure parking for cars and non-participating motorcyclists will also be provided.’
- ‘Of the freshmen who participated in the program in 1995, 81 percent graduated within five years, compared to 78 percent of non-participating freshmen.’
- ‘‘They were non-participating observers,’ he told Health Minister David Lammy.’
- ‘Furthermore, we found significant differences between the non-participating groups.’
- ‘A more recent study found that adolescents who participated in organized group activities were less likely to smoke, drink, and use marijuana compared to non-participating peers.’
- ‘I am not impressed by the policy in international cricket that both umpires must be from a non-participating country.’
- ‘As the girls posed, the guys ogled and non-participating girls frowned on those involved.’
- ‘Results from the first sample show a 16 percent retention rate increase from fall 2001 to fall 2002 and a 0.5 GPA increase compared to non-participating freshmen.’
- ‘A particularly good game of One Touch would actually attract non-participating spectators.’
- ‘After participating in the 4-part art program, 11 of the 15 participating students said they would like to have greater numbers of older patients in their future practices compared to only 2 non-participating medical students.’
- ‘A similar strike was staged in Kendari, Southeast Sulawesi, with striking drivers ordering non-participating drivers to offload their passengers and park their vehicles at the roadside.’
2(of an insurance policy) not allowing the holder a share of the profits, typically in the form of a bonus, made by the company.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.