Not involving any assumptions as to the form or parameters of a frequency distribution.
- ‘Normality tests were performed in order to determine whether parametric or non-parametric analyses should be employed.’
- ‘As the distributions of the outcome measures were frequently skewed, non-parametric statistical tests were used.’
- ‘The results were statistically evaluated using the non-parametric Mann - Whitney and Kruskal - Wallis tests.’
- ‘Parametric and non-parametric statistical tests were used.’
- ‘Reanalysis of the data with non-linear and non-parametric methods and assumptions did not change any of the inferences drawn.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.