One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Despite non-membership in the treaty, the U.S. is the world's top financial supporter of humanitarian de-mining.’
- ‘‘Membership in the academy or non-membership in the academy isn't really the point ’, argues Crews.’
- ‘Freedom of association provisions are similar to anti-discrimination provisions and discrimination arises if an employer acts because of a worker's union membership or non-membership or participation in union activities.’
- ‘In painting, a noteworthy scandal occurred in 1975, when a group of ‘unofficial’ artists (that is, of people who painted despite their non-membership of the Artists' Union) decided to stage their own, unapproved, exhibition.’
- ‘But non-membership of the EU will be an obstacle, since it will hinder cross-border consolidation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.