One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a trial or legal action not having or requiring a jury.
- ‘When the jury system broke down under intimidation, non-jury trials were enacted.’
- ‘His three-day non-jury trial was scheduled to begin in the Superior Court of Justice on December 6, 2004, 22 months after his arrest.’
- ‘A new court procedure is to be established in which a pre-trial hearing could take place in a closed non-jury court.’
- ‘There is a persuasive case for non-jury courts in certain circumstances.’
- ‘The suspects will be excluded from parts of their hearings in non-jury courts, which will be held in secret.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.