1(of medical procedures) not requiring the introduction of instruments into the body.‘noninvasive techniques such as ultrasound’
- ‘Collection of urine being a non-invasive procedure it is an ideal specimen especially in children with congenital infections.’
- ‘MRI angiography is a unique non-invasive method of imaging blood vessels without using contrast medium.’
- ‘Those non-invasive procedures are the newest and most popular weapon in the arsenal against aging.’
- ‘Routine veterinary examinations can utilize non-invasive procedures such as ultrasounds, X-rays, and blood and urine tests.’
- ‘These new groups increasingly took on the responsibilities of many types of invasive and non-invasive procedures.’
2(of a cancerous disease) not tending to spread.
- ‘The oral melanomas are more likely to be flat and thin, amelanotic, and may be detected at a noninvasive or early invasive stage.’
- ‘This 32 percent reduction was evident for invasive and noninvasive cancers.’
- ‘Adenocarcinomas with mixed subtypes frequently contain regions of noninvasive tumor at the periphery of invasive tumor.’
- 2.1 (of plants) not tending to spread undesirably.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.