Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1(of medical procedures) not requiring the introduction of instruments into the body.‘noninvasive techniques such as ultrasound’
- ‘Routine veterinary examinations can utilize non-invasive procedures such as ultrasounds, X-rays, and blood and urine tests.’
- ‘MRI angiography is a unique non-invasive method of imaging blood vessels without using contrast medium.’
- ‘Those non-invasive procedures are the newest and most popular weapon in the arsenal against aging.’
- ‘Collection of urine being a non-invasive procedure it is an ideal specimen especially in children with congenital infections.’
- ‘These new groups increasingly took on the responsibilities of many types of invasive and non-invasive procedures.’
2(of a cancerous disease) not tending to spread.
- ‘This 32 percent reduction was evident for invasive and noninvasive cancers.’
- ‘The oral melanomas are more likely to be flat and thin, amelanotic, and may be detected at a noninvasive or early invasive stage.’
- ‘Adenocarcinomas with mixed subtypes frequently contain regions of noninvasive tumor at the periphery of invasive tumor.’
- 2.1(of plants) not tending to spread undesirably.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.