One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Failure or refusal to intervene without invitation or necessity, especially in political matters.
- ‘It shouldn't hide behind the principle of non-interference in the internal affairs of sovereign states.’
- ‘The principle of non-interference must be qualified in important respects - war crimes and acts of genocide can never be an internal matter.’
- ‘Indeed, this is the origin of the key ASEAN principle of non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries.’
- ‘Traditionally, the ASEAN exercises non-interference in the internal political issues of its own members.’
- ‘UN agencies have to balance universal human rights with the principle of non-interference in the internal affairs of member states.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.