Any of various evergreen trees or shrubs of the madder family (Genus "Morinda") native to the South Pacific. Various medicinal preparations are made from their leaves, roots, and fruit.
- ‘The fertiliser will be particularly beneficial for the organic noni growers.’
- ‘Its medicinal effects are produced from the noni's roots, stems and leaves.’
- ‘It's no wonder noni's popularity has increased.’
- ‘Polly makes a point of educating us on native plants as well, like the kukui nut, whose oil was used by Hawaiians as lubricant and fuel, the noni, and the ti leaf.’
- ‘I learned that noni is a commonly planted tropical tree used primarily as an ornamental plant for its broad, bright green leaves, affording shade where it's needed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.