Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of various evergreen trees or shrubs of the madder family (Genus "Morinda") native to the South Pacific. Various medicinal preparations are made from their leaves, roots, and fruit.
- ‘Polly makes a point of educating us on native plants as well, like the kukui nut, whose oil was used by Hawaiians as lubricant and fuel, the noni, and the ti leaf.’
- ‘Its medicinal effects are produced from the noni's roots, stems and leaves.’
- ‘The fertiliser will be particularly beneficial for the organic noni growers.’
- ‘It's no wonder noni's popularity has increased.’
- ‘I learned that noni is a commonly planted tropical tree used primarily as an ornamental plant for its broad, bright green leaves, affording shade where it's needed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.