One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of an organization) not belonging to or associated with any government.
- ‘More than half the subscribers are employees of foreign non-governmental organizations.’
- ‘It must instead rely on complaints from citizens, firms, and non-governmental organizations.’
- ‘Though routinely referred to as a non-governmental organization, the US Congress funds it.’
- ‘The main organizers of this march were the labor movement and many other non-governmental organizations.’
- ‘He founded the Institute for Democracy and Mediation, a non-governmental organization, in Tirana.’
- ‘As an independent non-governmental organization, the fund does not get financial support from the government.’
- ‘Meanwhile, many non-governmental organizations are taking a more active approach.’
- ‘In each case, it was non-governmental organizations that were the driving forces behind these profound changes.’
- ‘He's joined by his wife Jennifer who is the director of CARE, another non-governmental organization.’
- ‘The management of each reserve was handed over to a local non-governmental organization.’
- ‘The committee comprises representatives of government and non-governmental organizations.’
- ‘Moreover, there is a large role for non-governmental organizations in both approaches.’
- ‘The organization has support from unions, religious groups and non-governmental organizations.’
- ‘All sorts of establishments in the Governmental and non-governmental sectors have been categorized and listed.’
- ‘A likely source of balance is from the non-governmental organizations, such as Oxfam.’
- ‘Meanwhile, many non-governmental organizations are also promoting sustainable development.’
- ‘Here is an article about non-governmental organizations and how businesses should respond to them.’
- ‘They were also subject to rather stricter rules about the security of their staff than were non-governmental organizations.’
- ‘Few non-governmental organizations represented anything but parochial interests.’
- ‘Governmental and non-governmental agencies can provide support and information to active groups rooted in village and community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.