One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Failure to fulfill or carry out something desired, planned, or promised.
failure, foundering, ruin, ruination, collapse, breakdown, thwarting, frustration, undoing, reversal, setback, unsuccessfulness, aborting, non-fulfilment, misfiring, mismanagement, perversionView synonyms
- ‘Clause 3 gives both Rybcomflot and Bergen the right of termination without notice in case of non-fulfilment of clause 3 obligations.’
- ‘If found guilty of non-fulfilment, Barnsley could be docked two points and forced to replay the clash.’
- ‘If it is not fulfilled and the non-fulfilment causes the damage the immunities of Article IV cannot be relied on.’
- ‘The consignment could not be cleared from Karachi Port due to non-fulfilment of required formalities by the consignee.’
- ‘This approach also sidelines concerns of equity, or the negative results of market forces, such as poverty and non-fulfilment of basic needs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.