Failure to fulfill or carry out something desired, planned, or promised.
failure, foundering, ruin, ruination, collapse, breakdown, thwarting, frustration, undoing, reversal, setback, unsuccessfulness, aborting, non-fulfilment, misfiring, mismanagement, perversionView synonyms
- ‘Clause 3 gives both Rybcomflot and Bergen the right of termination without notice in case of non-fulfilment of clause 3 obligations.’
- ‘This approach also sidelines concerns of equity, or the negative results of market forces, such as poverty and non-fulfilment of basic needs.’
- ‘If found guilty of non-fulfilment, Barnsley could be docked two points and forced to replay the clash.’
- ‘If it is not fulfilled and the non-fulfilment causes the damage the immunities of Article IV cannot be relied on.’
- ‘The consignment could not be cleared from Karachi Port due to non-fulfilment of required formalities by the consignee.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.