Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Prose writing that is based on facts, real events, and real people, such as biography or history.
- ‘The middle classes are the most avid readers of novels, non-fiction and even poetry.’
- ‘Austin has written three novels and co-authored four non-fiction books.’
- ‘He seems to be creating fiction from non-fiction and non-fiction from fiction.’
- ‘While the emphasis this year is on non-fiction, prose fans are not being neglected.’
- ‘We have come a long way but there is a lot further to go with both our non-fiction and our fiction.’
- ‘These became regular features and drew on both non-fiction and fictional material.’
- ‘His lifelong concern with the South also pervades most of his non-fiction prose works.’
- ‘It might come as a surprise to my readers to hear that I am a rather dedicated fan of non-fiction.’
- ‘Mukherjee has authored five novels, two non-fiction books and two collections of short stories.’
- ‘It's a blend of fiction and non-fiction which the author didn't expect her husband to read.’
- ‘It could be fiction or non-fiction, horror or fantasy or prose or epic poetry.’
- ‘That's one reason the book won both the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award for non-fiction.’
- ‘There are few finer pasttimes than gauging the trends in literary non-fiction.’
- ‘Do you find yourself becoming quite a different person writing fiction as opposed to non-fiction?’
- ‘If they start naming off non-fiction books by journalists, I ask them about fiction.’
- ‘Integrating fiction with non-fiction is no easy feat, but these would be valuable additions to any school book collection.’
- ‘We'll be looking at all kinds of storytelling, poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction.’
- ‘My writing non-fiction short stories has been the most healing thing I have ever done in my entire lifetime.’
- ‘As well as her novels, Ayn Rand wrote six non-fiction books which were published during her lifetime.’
- ‘Although the line between fiction and non-fiction in this book is thin, there is nothing wrong with that.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.