Failure to perform an act that is required by law.
- ‘Recovery in tort is dependent on the plaintiff establishing injury and loss resulting from an act of misfeasance or nonfeasance on the part of the defendant, the tortfeasor.’
- ‘The effect of this is that the occupier's liability is governed by the common law, which provides that he will be liable for negligent misfeasance but not for nonfeasance.’
- ‘At first sight, to say that the defendant's nonfeasance did not cause the plaintiff's loss seems to provide a sort of objective criterion for not imposing liability.’
- ‘Malfeasance, misfeasance, and nonfeasance are ancient legal concepts covering how officials misuse power.’
- ‘Questions of nonfeasance and misfeasance were not regarded as relevant to anything.’