One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not radical, serious, or exceptional; moderate.‘a strong and nonextreme leader who ran a powerful, positive campaign’
dispassionate, non-extreme, middle-of-the-road, non-radical, non-reactionary, open to reason, equitable, impartialView synonyms
- ‘We need qualified, independent and non-extreme judges for the courts.’
- ‘To attain nirvana, Buddha suggested taking a non-extreme course called the Middle Path.’
- ‘She thinks people enjoy regular non-extreme skiing quite a bit.’
- ‘The cumulative damage in non-extreme scenarios mounts up in more subtle ways.’
- ‘Among some adolescent boys and girls, nonextreme strategies that were being used to decrease weight developed into health risk behaviors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.