One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Not causing dryness.‘wash your complexion with a nondrying cleanser’
- ‘And always remove makeup and grime with a gentle nondrying cleanser before working out and at bedtime.’
- ‘With this nondrying shampoo you can wash hair daily (and can even skip conditioner).’
- ‘Creams are appropriate for patients with sensitive or dry skin who require a nonirritating, nondrying formulation.’
- ‘If you have dry skin, choose a brand with a nondrying lavender, chamomile, or rose base.’
- ‘These studies showed that the gel was safe for repeated application, was nondrying, and rendered immediate moisturization to the skin on application.’
- ‘These studies demonstrated the gel's persistent antimicrobial activity and nondrying, skin moisturization properties.’
- ‘It won't irritate sensitive skin and it's nondrying, making it perfect for anyone who's using skin-sloughing retinols or harsh topical acne creams/lotions.’
- ‘Mildly astringent yet nondrying, they are ideal on psoriasis, highly sensitive skin or at any time essential oils might be too strong.’
2(of an oil) that does not harden when exposed to air.
- ‘The substance proved to be a nondrying oil, as expected; its use is an effective trick, since one application remains fresh-looking indefinitely.’
- ‘Glycerin is used as a lubricant in various operations in the textile industry, and can be mixed with sugar to make a nondrying oil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.