One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abstaining from alcoholic drink.‘Bob is a nondrinking vegetarian type’‘I enjoy my nondrinking days because I know that I'll get a lot done’
- ‘It's also been easier to be sober when I've had a non-drinking partner in crime along for the ride.’
- ‘Instead he reveals a non-smoking, non-drinking grafter who pretended to toss off plays and movie scripts in an afternoon but actually spent night after night at home writing.’
- ‘Police recommended people should appoint a "watcher" - perhaps a non-drinking driver - to keep an eye on the drinks.’
- ‘Got to know everybody a little better (the primary effect of tequilla) and only got stuck next to the non-drinking boss for a little while.’
- ‘Joe only plays live once a year, in non-smoking and non-drinking venues.’
- ‘I'm referring to the pub trade and the drinking - or non-drinking habits - of many continental tourists and also some of their US counterparts.’
- ‘Youths stayed the night or were ushered home by designated sober drivers (non-drinking teens were tremendously popular at these events).’
- ‘It comes as a pleasant bonus to find that moderate wine drinkers are less likely to develop dementia than their non-drinking or heavy-drinking compatriots.’
- ‘Even non-drinking Jamie got caught up in the fun - sucking down a prune smoothie in one slippery shot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.