Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Failure to provide or deliver goods.
- ‘Only if the seller fails to present complying documents by the conclusion of the contract may the buyer treat himself as discharged from further performance and claim damages for non-delivery.’
- ‘The defendants had made a bad bargain but the contract was held to be valid and the plaintiff's claim for non-delivery upheld.’
- ‘Additionally, he can claim damages for non-delivery.’
- ‘In the past I have had reason to complain about non-delivery and incorrect delivery of items to my address.’
- ‘He then deleted both the record of the sent mail and the message indicating non-delivery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.