One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not allowable as a deduction from income for the calculation of taxes.
- ‘Over the years, you made both deductible and nondeductible contributions to your Traditional IRA.’
- ‘If you take your spouse along, his or her travel costs are considered nondeductible.’
- ‘Rolling over assets can be advantageous for you; in fact it is comparable to you making nondeductible contributions to your IRA, where earnings accumulate on a tax-deferred basis.’
- ‘These increased limits apply for both deductible and nondeductible contributions to traditional IRAs.’
- ‘If the IRA includes nondeductible assets, both parties will need to inform the IRS of the change in ownership of deductible assets by filing IRS Form 8606.’
- ‘However, to the extent you made nondeductible contributions to a retirement account, those amounts will not be protected.’
- ‘As you make payments back, the interest is nondeductible.’
- ‘He should then transfer his nondeductible credit card and car loan debt to the line of credit that is tax deductible.’
- ‘Instead of contributing the nondeductible amount to a Traditional IRA, where earnings grow tax-deferred, you can contribute the amount to a Roth IRA where earnings grow tax-free.’
- ‘Prior to 1998, individuals who wanted to fund an IRA could make either a deductible or nondeductible contribution to a Traditional IRA.’
- ‘He will find methods of converting nondeductible expenses into deductible ones.’
- ‘Ministers generally are not allowed to deduct the daily cost of commuting to and from work, as such expenses are considered to be personal and nondeductible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.