Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not in order or following continuously.‘the only president to serve two nonconsecutive terms’
- ‘I do know from the copies given to me and students that the essays are from nonconsecutive pages: 7, 31, 55, 67, 79 and 109.’
- ‘The answer is Glover Cleveland was elected to two nonconsecutive terms, and thus, he was not an incumbent when he was elected the second time.’
- ‘The data pertain to two nonconsecutive days of intake for 4691 individuals.’
- ‘Respondents were queried on two nonconsecutive days.’
- ‘Each patient was studied on two occasions on nonconsecutive days.’
- ‘Over five nonconsecutive nights, 420 traps were set and left until dawn.’
- ‘Do crunches as described in the test, working up to three sets of 15, resting for one minute between sets, on three nonconsecutive days each week.’
- ‘The medal was intended for award to those who participated in the Korean War for at least 30 consecutive days or 60 nonconsecutive days on or after June 25, 1950.’
- ‘Due to its intensity, you shouldn't do Workout 1 more than twice a week, on nonconsecutive days.’
- ‘Days spent in the specified group home during the study period, whether consecutive or nonconsecutive, were summed, provided that interruptions in group home placement lasted 30 days or less.’
- ‘To qualify for the award, individuals must have deployed for 45 consecutive days or 90 nonconsecutive days.’
- ‘Participants were studied over three nonconsecutive nights in the sleep laboratory.’
- ‘For those engaged in weight training, sprint sessions, or building their cardiovascular base, go light on nonconsecutive days three times a week.’
- ‘A total of 1139 autopsy cases was investigated prospectively during the 12-month study period, and 12 nonconsecutive fatalities resulting from peptic ulcer disease were identified and included in the study.’
- ‘Bull trout are slow-growing fish that mature late, spawn in nonconsecutive years, and likely have small population sizes; all these characteristics heighten their sensitivity to impacts and complicate management.’
- ‘Repetition will build your muscles, so do modified push-ups on three nonconsecutive days a week, gradually working up to three sets of 10 reps.’
- ‘To determine if that phenomenon occurred throughout the Great Lakes, we examined 34 additional nonconsecutive mornings at other radars during days of known bird migration.’
- ‘As we will discuss later, the same strategy may or may not work well for neighborhood structures connecting nonconsecutive sites.’
- ‘At the end of any two workouts each week on nonconsecutive days, perform five sets of squats with either bodyweight or a very light weight for 25-50 reps.’
- ‘A loyal, mainstream Republican he is the only person elected to three nonconsecutive terms as Governor of Illinois, and served one six-year term in the U.S. Senate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.