One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to a sports contest involving teams that do not belong to the same conference.‘a premier NHL nonconference game’‘UCLA squeaked through its nonconference schedule’
- ‘Cooney was a sharp three-point shooter during non-conference play.’
- ‘That will leave 3 playoff spots for the best deserving of the non-conference champs.’
- ‘The Stadium is too small to attract a quality nonconference opponent.’
- ‘The Broncos improved to 22-10 against their local nonconference rival.’
- ‘The two teams played in a two-game non-conference series during the 2012-13 season.’
- ‘Indiana has shot a combined 60.4 percent from the field in two games en route to a 29th consecutive nonconference win at home.’
- ‘Also, Atlantic Hockey tends to play a comparatively small nonconference slate.’
- ‘The nonconference season opener for both teams had been postponed by Hurricane Isaac.’
- ‘Illinois has the worst non-conference home schedule in a generation.’
- ‘Ben Brust scored 11 for the Badgers in their nonconference finale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.