One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not advocating or practicing communism.
- ‘Though communists call themselves ‘socialists’, their movement had little in common with non-communist forms of socialism, or with earlier forms of communism in history, including Christian communism.’
- ‘The deliberation and drafting of the 1951 Refugees Convention were conducted solely by Western powers and non-communist member states of the UN.’
- ‘The raw materials for a stable, non-communist government simply didn't exist in South Vietnam.’
- ‘Solidarity formed the East Bloc's first non-communist government in 1989, marking the start of a wave of freedom which saw Marxist regimes fall like dominoes across Europe.’
- ‘Eventually Stalin began trading with non-communist countries of western Europe, although he continued to be hostile to Germany.’
A person who is not a communist.
- ‘He included in it several non-communists, restored a multi-party system, demanded the removal of Soviet troops, and announced Hungary's withdrawal from the Warsaw Pact.’
- ‘Tito's forces wrested large sections of the country from German control, ultimately winning the support of communists and non-communists, including the Allies.’
- ‘And it divided the ACLU, which split apart in 1951, with anti-communists controlling the organization and non-communists leaving to form the Emergency Civil Liberties Committee.’
- ‘In the arrests which followed in Leningrad non-communists seemed to suffer as much as communists.’
- ‘The Russians were held responsible for this and their refusal to allow an enquiry by the International Red Cross only confirmed to non-communists in Poland that Stalin's government was responsible for these murders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.